Why not whip up a healthy, kid friendly dinner tonight?
This Cheesy Zucchini Black Bean Skillet is a perfect recipe to kick off your healthy new habit.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
• 1 1/2 cups zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
• 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegetable stock (optional)
• 1 can (14.5 oz.) Black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can (14.5 oz.) Fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese (or any good melting cheese)
1.Together: Prep ingredients.
2.Adult: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
3.Together: Add zucchini, garlic, crushed red pepper and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and undrained tomatoes (adding a little vegetable stock here is optional, see note).
4.Adult: Increase the heat to medium high and add the cooked rice. Stir well. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
5.Kid: Sprinkle with cheese.
6.Together: Replace the lid until the cheese is melted.
7.Serve and enjoy.