Teaching is heart work, and it’s no secret that times have been tough on our nation’s educators. Many are feeling discouraged and Teacher Appreciation Week is the time to celebrate our teachers and make sure they know that we see all of their efforts and appreciate everything they do.
Through all of the challenges we’ve encountered as a nation these past few years, our teachers have gone above and beyond to care for our kids. Day in and day out, teachers go beyond the call of duty.
From the Zoom calls, text messages, and PTA meetings to the emails, parent-teacher conferences, and grading papers, there is nothing a teacher doesn’t touch each day—including the hearts of our students.
Celebrate Teachers All Week!
We’re excited to celebrate teachers and here are 10 ways you can join us in giving teachers across America the love they truly deserve!
- Gratitude is the attitude. Parents it all starts with you! Write a message to your child’s teacher and express gratitude for their dedication.
- Make it official! Give your teacher a certificate to document their teaching greatness!
- Help start the day off right! Have your child draw a picture and send it to their teacher as a “good morning” message. Or use these cool coloring pages.
- A refreshing gift, send your teacher virtual flowers and tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Fill Your Teacher’s Happy File! Describe your teacher using words that start with the letters T-E-A-C-H-E-R in this acrostic poem activity, then share it with your teacher so they know how much you appreciate them!
- So you think you can sing…or dance? Sing and record a song thanking your teacher… or create a dance routine with your classmates. TikTok encouraged! Tag #ThankATeacher and @NationalPTA.
- Say thank you with coffee, chocolate, and more by sending your teacher an e-gift card with a message of appreciation.
- It’s art from the heart. Create an art piece with these cool hand art ideas.
- Put pencil to paper and write your teacher a letter. We are certain they’ll be proud of your handwriting! You can also personalize these digital and printable thank you cards.
- Create a fun playlist with five songs for your teacher. Songs could include Happy by Pharrell, I Got a Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas, Brave by Sara Bareillis, and more!
Since 1984, National PTA has designated the first week in May as a special time to honor the individuals who lend their passion and skills to educating our children. Learn more at PTA.org/ThankATeacher.